Today is my birthday (I’m 23!) and I had been wanting to write a post for my birthday but I was having trouble deciding what to write about. Should I write about myself, a favorite destination, a few lessons I learned over the past year, or one of the many other options. Finally, I decided that since a lot of my readers don’t know much about me besides what’s on my about me page (which isn’t much), I thought it would be fun to share 12 things about myself! It always helps to get to know the voice behind the blog 🙂
Below are 12 things you might not know about me.
1. My favorite sport to watch and play is soccer (or fútbol). I only wish it was more popular in the United States like it is in the rest of the world.
2. I would rather read a book than watch television.
3. I love, love, love to travel (this one should be obvious by now). One of my dreams is to live outside the United States for at least a year (preferably longer, but you gotta start somewhere).
4. My all time favorite TV show is Gilmore Girls.
5. Besides travel, my second favorite hobby is snowboarding.
6. I work full-time as an Industrial Engineer.
7. I am not a dog or a cat person (I know, I know, but it’s true).
8. I hardly ever crave sweets so I normally pass on desserts (cookies, brownies, etc.), but when I do eat sweets my favorite is ice cream. This is probably fueled by the massive amounts of gelato I consume when traveling in Europe, but it’s just so good!
9. Mexican food is my favorite.
10. I love to sing even though I don’t sing well.
11. My favorite animal is a hippo.
12. Harry Potter is my favorite book series ever (and it always will be). One of my favorite memories from my 23 years was touring Warner Bros. Studio, The Making of Harry Potter in London!
If you’re feeling inspired, share a few fun things about yourself in the comments below! I would love to hear from you 🙂